- This event has passed.
Tech Update: Wind Powered Vessels – Where Are we Now?
November 2, 2023 @ 10:00 am–11:30 pm
Wind is certainly more than a blast from the past.
The efficiency of wind-assisted ship propulsion can help reduce fuel consumption and emissions from maritime operations, and several different sail technologies have been brought to the market.
On November 2nd, Maritime CleanTech invites leading experts to get us up to speed on the technology developments, and Orcelle partners RISE and Wallenius Wilhelmsen are ready to present from the project.
- Wind Power Propulsion a Part of the Green Transition – Øystein Huglen, Head of Innovation and Project Development, Maritime CleanTech
- How much can windpower contribute to reduced emissions – Andrew Hurford, Lloyd’s Register
- Relevant Solutions Roadmap:
- Rotor wind power- Jukka Kuuskoski, Norsepower
- Kite wind – Stephanie Lesage, Airseas
- Wind sails – Ziad Kairouz, Yara Marine
- The Orcelle Project – How Collaboration can put wind in your sails – Lars Dessen, Wallenius Wilhelmsen
- Potentials and pitfalls of an emerging technology – Sofia Werner, RISE- SSPA Maritime Center
To read more and sign up for the webinar, check out the event page here.